On those hot summer days doesn’t your mouth just water for something refreshing? Granita is an easy recipe that you can make with fruit for something light and fresh.
Being dairy-free I am always trying to think up great desserts or snacks. We had so much watermelon I decided to make Granita. Granita is a great frozen Italian dessert made from sugar, water and flavoring. With having so much watermelon I decided to make an icy treat!
Watermelon Granita is a light, refreshing dessert that can be made when you get up and ready to serve for your dinner party. This recipe serves 4 so by all means double it for some extra!
- 4 c watermelon
- 2 Tbs agave
- juice of 1/2 a lime or lemon (both are good depending on your taste preference)
- Blend all the ingredients together
- place in a freezable container and freeze for at least 4 hours
Scrape at the delectable dessert to loosen it from the container and split evenly into four dessert bowls. Garnish with a sprig of mint and a thin slice of whatever citrus you used. This dessert can be served on the slushier side. I decided I wanted it a little more frozen so froze overnight.
I cannot wait to try this recipe with other fresh fruit…YUM!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 77; Fat: 0 g; Carbs: 19.4 g; Protein: 0.9 g
Have you ever wondered how you are ever going to get all your veggies in fora day or sneak them to your kid who despised veggies at all cost! I have the the breakfast for you with veggies inside and you would never know it if all you did was taste it!
In a high speed blender blend
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 fine grated Carrot
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries
- 1 banana
- 2 dates
- 1 1/4 water
Pour into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings! Today I went with Kashi Go Lean Origional, blueberries, ground flax seed and coconut! The toppings are endless though!
And the best thing is the smoothie itself is vegan, gluten and but free so if you have allergies or dietary restrictions you can put the appropriate toppings for you!
Lately Monday’s have been rough getting up. I don’t know if it’s cause I’m just so tired from the go go go of the weekend or that my bed is so comfy I do not want to leave it and just snuggle with Ari as long as possible!
When we finally did get up I wanted waffles I am a huge fan!!! I have been letting my fingers do some walking on searching for some healthy recipes. Leave it to Pintrrst! I came across this Vegan whole wheat waffle recipe by Vegan Family. I did change things up a bit. Here is the recipe I used
- 1 3/4 cups spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon all natural cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 chia seed eggs (1 egg= 1Tbsp chia+3Tbsp water)
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Origional unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon agave
- Make chia egg and let sit for 10-15 minutes
- Add in all other wet ingredients
- Then mix in dry
- You will have a thick batter. Place in waffle maker and cook.
- Serve with fruit and maple syrup
- Depending on your waffle maker you will get between 4-6 waffles
Serving size: 5; Calories: 270; Fat: 11.5 g; Carbs: 37.7 g; Protien: 6.9g
Their number of servings were 4 I threw all the batter in my waffle maker and had some oversized waffles. With the size of my waffle maker I could of made 5 good sized waffles. And let me tell you all you need is 1 they were so filling!
I topped mine off with some mango and maple syrup! Ari just had maple syrup and ate the whole thing!
I LOVE my mother-in-law’s homemade tomatoe sauce and well for living in an apartment and not having an amazing garden to give me what I need I have created a semi hi made version!
I started making my owns sauce about a year or 2 ago and let me tell you something this will not compare to the store bought stuff! We rarely have store bought pasta sauce in the house anymore. This semi homemade sauce not only taste great, full of veggies but is nice in your waist!
- 1 32 oz can crushed tomatoes no salt added
- 1 32oz can diced tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper chopped
- 3 white button mushrooms chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- More oregano and basil if you liked
- Put everything in the pot and simmer for 30 min stirring occasionally!
Makes 10 servings at a 1/2 c per serving
Calories: 48; Fat: 0 g; Carbs: 9g; Protien: 2g