Summer time is the best time! I am fortunate to have my summers off so I have more time to bake and cook with my all time favorite sous chef. A few nights back after dinner my favorite little girl asked if we could make muffins for breakfast the next morning. I looked in the fridge and we had some strawberries so strawberry muffins it was.
The best thing about this recipe is that it not only has fruit but it is made with hole grains and no refined sugars! Oh and of course dairy free and DELICIOUS!
Here is what you will need:
- 2 egg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup original unsweetened almond milk or other dairy alternative milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4-1 tsp cinnamon
- zest of 1 small lemon
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl mix dry ingredients
- In a medium size bowl mix wet ingredients well
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients making sure there is a lump free batter
- Fold in lemon zest and strawberries
- In a greased muffin tin scoop 1/4 c of the batter for 11 muffins and 1/3 c of the batter for 9 larger muffins
- Bake for 20 minutes or until your tester comes out clean!