Hi all! It’s been a while, but work got crazy and it’s now that it’s summer vaca I hope to be posting a lot more!
Ok so pancake heaven…. I personally am a waffle chick but when your daughter wakes up and asks for pancakes you get cooking! What makes it better is she wantes to help cook! We have been trying to find homemade recipies for pancakes and waffles instead of using Bisquick. I found this great whole wheat pancakes from SkinnyTaste.
Of course I altered it to make it dairy free but to also load on the cinnamon, and finally added blueberries as my mini absolutely LOVES blueberry pancakes
This stack not only TASTE amazing but is filled with whole grain, fruit and the best part of all of you are watching your calories 2 pancakes equal 144 calories! So you can have a stack with additional fruit and syrup for right around 400 cals😀
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- 4 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 heaping tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/8 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl
- Add wet ingredients and mix until batter is smooth
- Fold in blueberries
- Heat a skillet with some cooking oil, measure a 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. When it starts to bubble it’s time to flip!
It makes 8 servings (1 serving=2 pancakes) plus an extra for that little one!