Who doesn’t love pumpkin? You can do so much with it from pie to Overnight Oats to smoothie bowls to nice cream. The options are endless and to boot you are getting in a veggie serving!!
Since the time change my daughter has been getting up at 4/4:30 am. Today she decided to wake up and play at 3:30am so of course after playing in bed I decided to get creative in the kitchen with the leftover pumpkin pure from the pie I made this weekend.
Let me tell you this bowl did not only look delicious it tasted so good! You got your veggies, fruit, and depending on what you put on top you get seeds and whole grains. This is a great balanced breakfast to fuel you for the day.
You will need a food processor with an S shaped blade to mix all the ingredients together
- 1 frozen banana slices
- 1/2 C pumpkin pure
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 3/8 C Almond-coconut milk blend
- A few dashes of cinnamon, nutmeg and clove (add as much or as little as you would like)
- Optional toppings: pepitas, chia seed, unsweetened coconut flakes, kasha cereal/granola that is low in sugar and filled with whole grains
- Place pumpkin, banana, almond butter in food processor and begin to blend.
- While food processor is on blend in milk (if you want it thinner you can add a bit more; thicker add less)
Take hold of the fall season and get in your veggies by enjoying some pumpkin in a healthy way!