Lately Monday’s have been rough getting up. I don’t know if it’s cause I’m just so tired from the go go go of the weekend or that my bed is so comfy I do not want to leave it and just snuggle with Ari as long as possible!
When we finally did get up I wanted waffles I am a huge fan!!! I have been letting my fingers do some walking on searching for some healthy recipes. Leave it to Pintrrst! I came across this Vegan whole wheat waffle recipe by Vegan Family. I did change things up a bit. Here is the recipe I used
- 1 3/4 cups spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon all natural cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 chia seed eggs (1 egg= 1Tbsp chia+3Tbsp water)
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Origional unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon agave
- Make chia egg and let sit for 10-15 minutes
- Add in all other wet ingredients
- Then mix in dry
- You will have a thick batter. Place in waffle maker and cook.
- Serve with fruit and maple syrup
- Depending on your waffle maker you will get between 4-6 waffles
Serving size: 5; Calories: 270; Fat: 11.5 g; Carbs: 37.7 g; Protien: 6.9g
Their number of servings were 4 I threw all the batter in my waffle maker and had some oversized waffles. With the size of my waffle maker I could of made 5 good sized waffles. And let me tell you all you need is 1 they were so filling!
I topped mine off with some mango and maple syrup! Ari just had maple syrup and ate the whole thing!