I hope everyone had a TERRIFIC TUESDAY! Today was just a great successful day after yesterday ended up being a flop.
This morning I was quite the cook in the kitchen! I made dinner which was an Italian Turkey Skillet over Orzo ooooohhh was it soooooo gooood! and only 385 calories a bowl and I cooked up some of my healthy Zucchini Bread
This was filled with so much goodness, totally heart healthy and good for any athlete (well unless you are vegan! Sorry). So if you are looking for a great quick meal that you can make in no time or make a head of time this is definitely it!
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small summer squash
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 -2 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup Semi Homemade Pasta Sauce
- 1 brown tukey meat until cooked then drain
- chop all veggies
- in a large skillet at medium low heat cook chopped onions until translucent then add garlic
- add all other veggies and cook for 2 minutes
- add spices and meat cook for about another 2 minutes
- add sauce and let it all get warm
- cook enough orzo to have 6 cups cooked
Sunday I decided to sign up for my first 5k race post injury. Today being a beautiful day I was all set to go for my run at noon. I dropped Ari off and downed a GU. I decided to run the rail trail, the section I chose I knew was 4 miles. So I started off slow and off I went. I had great speed and felt AMAZING!!! I even made myself slow down and then increase my speed to just see if I ran like this on Saturday what my pace would be. Well lets just say I conquered quite a bit! I had my best 5 k and 2 mile time of this year. I had a 9:37/ avg mile pace and completed the 4 miles in just a few seconds over 39 minutes. For taking the month of April off to recover this was a great day for me moving forward! I cannot wait till this race on Saturday and for my season to really take off!
Until Next Time!