I LOVE my mother-in-law’s homemade tomatoe sauce and well for living in an apartment and not having an amazing garden to give me what I need I have created a semi hi made version!
I started making my owns sauce about a year or 2 ago and let me tell you something this will not compare to the store bought stuff! We rarely have store bought pasta sauce in the house anymore. This semi homemade sauce not only taste great, full of veggies but is nice in your waist!
- 1 32 oz can crushed tomatoes no salt added
- 1 32oz can diced tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper chopped
- 3 white button mushrooms chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- More oregano and basil if you liked
- Put everything in the pot and simmer for 30 min stirring occasionally!
Makes 10 servings at a 1/2 c per serving
Calories: 48; Fat: 0 g; Carbs: 9g; Protien: 2g